Friday, May 29, 2009

Running in the Rain and Snail Watching

Today after work I decided to go for a run in the rain which was AMAZING! The rain was coming down so softly and it felt like the sky was kissing my face. It felt so good (except for that I could only run like 10 feet before I was huffing and puffing with a gut ache).
Since it was raining there were snails everywhere and I had to keep dodging them while I was running. Cleaning snails out of the tiny treads of my shoes for crews shoes didnt sound fun (yes I was running in my shoes from work. A poor girls gotta make do with what she has).
Anyways on my run back home I saw a snail giving birth to another snail (that or else it was eating a smaller one...). Watching a snail give birth takes some time as you might imagine and after a while a guy pulled over and asked if I was alright. I told him I was fine, I was just watching snails (geez I know that sounds crazy, but Im a crazy personlike that). I didn't tell him that I thought the snail was having a baby because I didn't want him to call the men in white coats. He's all "Well more power to ya! I just drove by a couple times and you were still there and I was worried you were hurt." You know he's thinking Im the weirdest girl he's ever seen.
Eh, it probably gave him a good laugh and a story about a crazy girl snail watching in the rain.

On my little run I discovered a small little park just up the road with swings :)!!! So I swung for a while and while I was swinging I thought up a great idea to go invest in a soccer ball and get some people from work to come play soccer one day out of the week for fun and excersize. Man, I'm a genius! Swinging is so inspiring for me :P

2 comments:

Gawdun said...

I'm a BIG fan of running in the rain, next week when I go back to Georgia for a couple weeks Im hoping it rains so that I can run in it. A few weeks back I got home from the movies, (all you can do in St. Geroge) and it was like 1am and there was a snail on our walk way so I ran in the house and got my camera and took some pictures. Im sure if neighbors were watching they would think I was taking pictures of the sidewalk. LOL. Being crazy is fun though

Amysthoughts said...

ahhaha its the best! Crazy people have all the fun :D