Thursday, June 4, 2009

Books Books Books

Recently I have had a hard time getting into books which is very bizarre for me since I LOVE to read and will read pretty much any book be it a romance novel or a psychology book. I started reading Sense and Sensibility when I first came down here and it was good, but for some reason about half way through I lost interest and haven't felt the urge to pick the book back up again. Same with Honeymoon with My Brother and Choke. Eh, really I stopped reading Choke because I watched the movie right after I started reading it and it was pretty lame and the book wasn't doing so good so far either so I quit.

The last few times I went to the library I couldn't find anything that looked interesting, So today at work I decided I'd ask my co-workers what their favorite book is or one that they would recommend and the list below is what I ended up with (the name following it is who suggested it)

Wicked~Johnnie Thorton
The Art of Racing in the Rain~Samantha Winterburn
A Long Way Gone~Manager Dan
Grapes of Wrath~also Manager Dan
Helter Skelter~Shawn
The Reapers Line~Brenden
The Silmarillion~Sam Renihan
A Child Called It~Cynthia Bales
Journey of Desire~Melissa
Captivating~Melissa again
Time Travelers Wife~Terri

I'm excited! Right now I have By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho and Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I'll probably read those first and then get started on the list beginning with Grapes of Wrath or Wicked...cant decide but I'm REALLY excited :D

1 comment:

The Ramsay's said...

love the book list, I might have to add it on to my reading list. And yeah April had a baby... No one knew for like 5 months and then when she told us it was only like 2 months later when she had her... talk about fast pregnancy!