Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Todays Adventures to Mexico

Ahhh, so today I ventured down south to spend the day with some of my Utahn friends at a beach house in Imperial Beach which turned into a small day trip to Ensenada, Mexico!

My good friend Dan Y and his awesome girlfriend Chelsea along with a few friends of theirs are staying at Uncle Dans Beach house for a week and I luckily had the day off so I could spend it with them.
Seeing Dan and Chelsea was great and I met their friends who seemed cool too.
We were all sitting there catching up when I got a text on my phone saying "Welcome to Mexico! Dial 001 & the ten digit phone number to call the US. Local Calls Dial the 7 or 8 digit number." Sweet, Mexico is texting me! Dan said its probably because my phone picked up a mexican phone tower because Mexico is only 4 miles south from the beach house.
So since I've never been to Mexico and really wanted to go then Dan, Chelsea, Randy, Hyrum, and I decidede to hop in Dans car and make a quick trip to Rosarita, Mexico!

Weird thing about Mexico is they dont care who comes in. Anyone and their dog can just drive or walk into Mexico. I never knew this! I always wondered how felons and people running from the law could always get into Mexico without getting caught at the border. Hell, I couldnt even get into England (long story...) sheesh, if I had known you could get in so easily I would have just gone to Mexico instead...ok maybe not but back to my story..
Once we were in Mexico Dan decided since it was my first time there we should take our little jaunt all the way to Ensenada.
An hour later we arrived in Ensenada really hungry and me super excited. We drove around for quite awhile trying to decide where to stop and eat. No one would really say yea or nay about any place so we just parked and walked to the nearest restaurant. The place was a small and quaint little shop and the lady working there didnt know much english and had no menus. (didnt really matter, it would be in spanish anyway which none of us could read) we eventually got that we could have poi yo (spanish for chicken and no thats more than likely not how you spell it either) shrimp or beef. We all went with the chicken which came served with warm tortillas, beans, rice and steamed carrots and potatoes. It all tasted good quite good.
After eating Randy and Hyrum found a smoke shop to buy some Cuban Cigars and I went a little crazy in a candy shop. There was some weird candy in there! The stuff I ended up buying didnt taste so great though :(

While we were there we decided to knock another thing off my to do list and headed over to a titty bar. It was slow and really empty since it was only 6pm but there was a couple girls up on stage dancing and some nasty old ladies got hyrum to buy a drink for them and then tried to take him upstairs for some "sucky sucky". Hehe. It was mostly really boring but then I didnt really expect much from a titty bar in Mexico at 6pm on a weekday. Ah well, I might try again on a weekend after 9pm when I'm 21 in Vegas. Maybe.

We headed home after that. After getting a little lost and going the wrong way on a roundabout we finally made it to the border. Now HERES where they care who goes through.
We inched along the line slowly watching the Mexicans juggle balls, do tricks and wheelies in a wheel chair, wash windows and sell food and trinkets to the cars waiting to go through the border. FINALLY we made it to the border patrol and after checking our passports he sent us to secondary for some "customary search procedures". We waited over there for an hour and finally they came and looked in our trunk and searched mine and Chelsea's purses ( funny thing is they didnt search the two bags in the trunk but insisted on searching our purses) after that we made it back to the beach house all in one piece :)

Now I can mark two more things off my list! I know it sounds like a sketchy list with titty bars and all but really its not actually a list, just more of doing things I never have done before (dont worry, that strictly excludes drugs of any kind) and visiting every country!

But I'm back to work bright and early tomorrow so I must end this post for today
Adios Amigos :)

1 comment:

Kris and Danielle Ramsay said...

Knudson this just might be the funniest story EVER! You crack me up.