Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stuff Out of My Head

So I am in the mood to write, or type I guess I should say.
I read The Alchemist yesterday and I've decided its pretty much the greatest book ever.
That little Santiago guy is so inspiring! So if you haven't read the book, do so. Consider it your homework assignment. Actually don't do that, then it will be a chore or task, consider it a treat your giving your soul :D

I am moving out of the house I was staying in, and what a RELIEF! I'm just sorry that I wasnt the one to initiate it. Heres how it all came about.
I usually come home from work anywhere from midnight to 1:30 in the morning. I come in really quietly so she wont wake up and so her dog wont hear me and start barking. I've even asked her like 4 times if she can hear me come in and she says she cant. So on saturday I was at dannys until 10:30pm and then I went home. The next morning Gramma says to me " You come in really late every night and it wakes me up and I need my sleep blah blah blah. You should probably just find another place to live." Im like " Yeah I'm sorry I just work late. It probably would be better if I found another place." Woo Hoo! I didnt realize how much I hate living there until now and Im so glad to be moving. Hopefully I have enough money... :x

So now I am on a house hunt. I'd like to stay in Mission Viejo because I like the area and because its close to Danny and Dad and work.
Today I have two rooms to go see. I actually already went and saw one this morning.... yeeeeeaaaaahhhh not moving in. The rent is really cheap but I can tell I would hate living there. The place is deathly silent. So quiet that when someone cleared their throat upstairs it made me jump. Imagine talking on the phone and knowing everyone in the house can hear you.
But that wasn't what made me decide I didn't want to move in. The room is tiny but that doesn't bother me. I have to share a bathroom with another girl living there. The bathroom is old but tidy-ish so I think I could stand that for cheap rent. But here's what made me decide. The person who owns the house is an old, nasty-looking guy. I get a little grossed out when I look at him.
When he was showing me through the house we got to the kitchen and the roommates have their own designated fridge which is big and empty so there is room for my stuff so that's good. "You can put your food in here and use the microwave in the kitchen" I told him I like to fry eggs and occasionally pancakes in the morning for breakfast and asked him if that was OK. He didn't like the idea. " That's not a good idea...*grumbling to himself*...I guess you could if you kept the fan on and didn't make it smell" OK, uh so no kitchen access. I'm trying to move away from foods that only come out of microwaves so this is no good. Then he asks me if I do laundry. Uh yeah.
"If you don't have much laundry and you only do it on occasion then we have a laundry machine here. I don't like people to use it very much because it can break" The machines are ancient like the old man himself and of course he shows me how to use it. So I told the old man I had another place to go see and I'd call him and let him know by tomorrow if I wanted the place.
Oh and another thing, He wants me to move in immediately. I told him I had until the end of the month at my current place so I was planning on moving then. He told me he wanted me in by the 15th. So no go on that place.

The next place I'm going to see is in Irvine and the people living there are 28 and 30 so no old fogies at least. They're asking 460 plus utilites for a private room with a shared bath. Hopefully these people are cooler than the last place...cross your fingers!

Anyway Im off to Costco with my Bro. Just so you know going to Costco is one of my favorite things. It reminds me of hanging out with Darlene and I love the little food samples. :)
So until next time...

No comments: