Monday, March 9, 2009

Familiar Faces

OK, everything is so familiar here in California. Everyone here reminds me somehow of someone I knew or worked with back home. There is Casee who acts exactly like Emily. The server (I don't know her name yet) who looks exactly like Deanna did 4 years ago. Dotty who looks like my mother will in 10 years. If you took my managers Ahn and Sol and put them together you'd get Slugger. Jeff looks and reminds me of Rulon. Eric looks just like Royce. Cecilia reminds me of Zoila.

I wonder if it will be like this everywhere I go. Will there always be the fun spontaneous girl who reminds me of Emily? Or when I move to a new place will the new fun spontaneous girl remind me of Casee or the last fun spontaneous girl I knew?



Last night I played poker with some people from the cheesecake factory. In a way it was just like hanging out with Tom Louis Artie and those guys back home except that I couldn't join in on their stories and didnt get their inside jokes because I had just met these people and didnt know any of them.

In a way it makes me bored of this place. It feels like I already know these people and I know what they do for fun. It differs a little from my friends in Utah. The Cali people go to concerts and the beach. Utah friends go ride dirtbikes and fourwheelers and go snowboarding or boating depending on the time of the year. But both groups mostly spend their nights and weekends getting drunk, going to movies and hanging out with their friends and/or coworkers.



What I do like about living here is that no one knows me. In Utah everyone knows all about me. Where Im from. Where Im living. My family, my friends, the boys I've dated. What I do for fun, the places I've been, where I'm going next week.

I like that about this place but at the same time I want to tell my coworkers and the people I meet stuff about myself because that is how you make conversation with people you've just met. You ask questions about them and in return they do the same learning more about each other until you find that you have things in common and become friends or learn that your personalities conflict and avoid each other.

Also part of why I want to tell people stuff about myself is because I like to shock and get reactions from people and alot of things about me shock people and I get great reactions when I tell people about my life.
I guess it doesnt matter. The people I hang out with will eventually know anyway.

1 comment:

Gawdun said...

where am I in this list??? HMMMMM.. hmmmmm? LOL