Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Hey Kiddo's, its been forever! I could use the excuse that I no longer have internet at my house, but lets not kid ourselves, I'm mostly just a huge slacker! Thats nothing new though.

So here's the update you've all been dying to hear. *chortle*
I made the decision to STOP working in restaurants. I didnt want to wake up in 10 years and be like, "Shit, I still work at this bleeping restaurant" So after some consideration, I decided that massage therapy was a rewarding career that I would like to get into.
I considered a few different schools around the country and then decided on Nevada School of Massage Therapy in Las Vegas. The people I talked to were incredibly cool and they covered a lot of different types of massage AND because the school is only two hours away from home and I figured it'd be nice to be able to go home more often. (Lets be honest, I was homesick but REALLY didnt want to move back home, so I picked the best school nearest there) Also, my uncle Clark is a massage therapist and goes to that school to get massages for himself and recommended it.
The staff at the school is super awesome and because I was from out of town they found another student from the school moving there and set us up so we could room together, helped us find an apartment and even had some potential jobs lined up, but I just transfered to the Cheesecake Factory there.

So with a mixture of sadness and excitement I moved to Vegas.

Now don't get the wrong idea here. I am NOT a vegas kind of girl.
I dont enjoy going there because I dislike clubbing, I'm not a huge drinker, and I certainly don't smoke. I'm not a gambler and hate the incredible heat. But I will only be here a year, max. Then I'll be off working on a cruiseline (hopefully) or some chiropractors office or maybe a spa. The possibilities are endless, really.
Mostly I'll be so happy finally doing something that is rewarding. I totally believe in the power of the human touch, I really do believe that it can heal so many things.

So I've been living here for 18 days now. With no internet. I am having withdrawl symptoms too. I sit alone in a corner of my mostly unfurnished 2 bed/2bath (because I will NOT share a bathroom if I dont have to) apartment rocking back and forth, pulling out my hair, mumbling nonesense.

Just kidding!

I just have a really good eye for starbucks now. In  fact, I ran my car battery dead there because I sat in the parking lot stealing internet. I had to walk to the nearby store at 11:30 at night and lure someone over to jump start my car parked in the dark corner of the parking lot. Not sketchy at all.
Lucky for me, a nice guy named Richard was brave enough to help me out.

My roommate, Danielle is from Hawaii and wont be arriving until the end of the month so I have been living all by myself this whole time and I LOVE it! I'm sure I'm gonna be real glad she's coming once I see the bills though.

1 comment:

The Ramsay's said...

yay! Amy I'm so glad you are closer to home! Now when ever I go to vegas or you come here we can see each other. plus I"m super excited about getting a massage... (wink wink) Love ya! I hope vegas is fun for you:)