Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oh Boy, Oh Boy

I just want you all to know I'm a winner.

Yep. I'm a ebay winner of the sims game (the first version). For a whole whopping .99 I will have something awesome to waste my time with. I now have power over however many sims I create. I can make them happy or sad, successful or a failure. I'm pretty stoked.
Fear not though, I will not be wasting any daylight time with my sims, only precious sleep. All my daylight time will be wasted with work.

Speaking of work, today is my certification day! After today I will officially be a server. I can pick up, swap, trade, and complain about server shifts now. Aren't you so excited?! I am!

And because its such an exciting day (and because I have to wash my work clothes from last night because my only other uniform was destroyed by multiple attacks of mustard and balsamic vinaigrette) I have been awake since 6:30am. I've been busy bidding on sims games and making breakfast and procrastinating the laundry process that I will now get right to since a certain turn of events have given me something else I'd like to do even less...

While I was making some delicious oatmeal with blueberries, Diesel, Cathy's cat, was following me around keeping me company. Diesel has a very loud, somewhat annoying, meow and he started that up right as soon as I entered the kitchen. My other roommate, Manny, hates that meow, and its not the most pleasant thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning so I gave him the tiniest amount of food because he can't eat much at a time or he pukes. After he ate his food he proceeded to meow at me and I, afraid he'd wake Manny up in a bad mood, snapped my fingers sternly at him. He backed away miffed of course and about five minutes later, as I was finishing up my delicious oatmeal, just about to take the first delicious bite...I hear him start to retch.

Now he pukes often, at least on a weekly basis. In fact, our carpet is speckled with light brownish-yellow spots from previous regurgitations. Cathy is usually all over it, cooing and feeling sorry for her kitty (which frankly I think might bring it on more if he's feeling ignored) but she cleans it up. I, on the other hand, have never been able to clean up puke. I usually add to the mess if I try. So I normally don't care, it's Cathy's cat, she cleans it up. Doesn't bother me too much, I just seldomly let the kitty's in my room, that being one of the reasons.

The issue here is Cathy's not here. She's pet sitting. I have to clean up the puke AND I think Diesel did it because he's mad at me for snapping at him. Bleh! Just thinking about it makes me want to heave. Do you think I can just hop back in bed, pull the covers over my head and pretend that this didn't happen? It's worth a shot....
Curse my parents for raising me to be a good, honest, hardworking individual. I could be playing sims in their basement right now surrounded by empty pizza boxes and beer cans and my mother would clean up after me and any pissed off cats.

No comments: