Thursday, May 6, 2010

10K and a surprise!

May 2, 2010 Darlene and I ran our first race ever! It was a 10K for the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation. It was a lot of fun, there were Mariachi Bands playing along the way, people dressed in traditional Mexican attire were holding out cups of water and Gatorade and cheering the runners on every couple miles. The  weather was nice and overcast, perfect for running, and at the end we got a medal  for completing the race. There were booths and booths of free goodies for the runners. Darlene and Cathy stockpiled on all the energy drinks, protein drinks and all the goodies they could fit in their bags while I simply just stuffed my face with as much food as I could.
Even though I had to stop mid-race and wait for the restroom with two people in front of me, I still made good time, 1:16! Thats how long it usually takes me to run my 5.25 mile run and I don't stop for potty breaks either. Darlene was four minutes ahead of me since her bladder likes her better and she may have been running slower so I could catch up, whereas I was running faster for that same reason.

Virginia came down with Darlene and we had a fun girls weekend...well it would have been a girls weekend had our brothers Danny and Jonny not been there the whole time. But it was fun nonetheless!
We hung out at the beach both days and ate sushi (last time for me) until we were about to pop. Right before they left we went to Souplantation and gorged ourselves. I ate WAY too much since it was the last meal with dairy products that I'd be eating and so of course I was sick.


And now for the surprise (drumroll) I've finally been promoted to server!!!
Monday night, Ahn told me that I would start training on the last week of may for serving. No more bakery shifts (excluding special occasions which I'm fine with) finally! So happy and relieved!
Anywho, speaking of work, I better get going or I'll be late!

No comments: