Saturday, June 20, 2009

Swinging the Night Away

The other day Alec the ROTR guy from work (Restaurants On The Run, they deliver food from various restaurants that don't offer delivery service) invited me to come to his swing dancing class that he teaches on Friday nights. So tonight at 7:30 I headed over to The Neighborhood Cup coffee house where the lessons are held. I had to sit and wait awhile since Alec was going to be filming a music video with his band and was rehearsing for it.
Swing Dancing was fun. Alec taught us some basic steps which were pretty easy although I really sucked on the last steps he taught us. I guess I'll have to get them down next time..
Todays class was a little small. Only 8 people showed up but I was told that class sizes vary. Last week they had 40 people! Most of the people there were highschool kids but it was still alot of fun. I cant wait for next week!

I stayed after class and watched them film the music video which was pretty cool too. All in all, it was a fun group and im excited for next time :)

2 comments:

Gawdun said...

Sounds like your having more and more fun in Cali!

Amysthoughts said...

Ya I am. I really do enjoy living here, I just had a homesick moment awhile back. Looks like you had a great time in Georgia. I really enjoyed your pics you sent :) Keep up the great blog Gawdun :D