Monday, March 8, 2010

Update

Oh man, oh man, I watched Super-size Me last night and lets just say my appetite for fast food is gone. Gone.
I rarely eat the stuff anyways so it really doesn't matter, but to all you people who do, stop it and watch this documentary!
Well, everything in moderation at least.

As for an update from my previous postings: Lava Hot Springs was AWESOME as was to be expected. No one got naked...well almost no one. We didn't break any glasses by the pool and no one got hurt this time, however I did leave with quite a number of large bruises on various parts of my body and I did catch a cold that was temporarily chased away by consuming lots of vodka.

I went to the Tucson opening as planned and had a great time! Loads of work! I worked 39.5 hours in the first three days that I got there! After we opened, however, I went back to more normal 8 hour shifts. I met some awesome people there too! All the DT's picked for the openings were the coolest (well excluding maybe two or three people) and after our long shifts we'd kick back at one of our apartments and drink and relax...or party...
Tucson itself was a pretty cool, artsy little town. I didn't expect that.
One of my favorite things about the opening was ALL THE FOOD!!!
Before opening, the chefs would just make random crap off the menu for practice and everything they made was free for all! If you know me at all than you know food is my bliss, and food heaven I was most certainly in. Once we opened though, we were allowed only one entree of our choosing and either a specialty drink (non alcoholic), an appetizer, or a dessert. Still, gobs of food that I hungrily devoured.

Speaking of work, I start training for a food runner on Thursday so I'm FINALLY getting my foot out of the bakery...a year later. Pretty stoked about that (the training part, not the year later crap)

I just got back from a trip to Utah/Vegas for Darlene's Birthday (So much fun! So much booze! Too much dancing!) While I was there I managed to squeeze in a trip to see Mother and the children and even got a glimpse of Father too!
It was good seeing Mum even though its hard seeing her work so hard. I picked a good day too! Everyone was there, Grandpa, Grandma Evelyn, Grandma Ellen, Grandma Margret, Grandma Rose...everyone was nice too! I stayed there for six hours and me and a bunch of the kids went on a hiking trip! It was super fun and we got some cool pics of the different dirt there too! Now Im back to working diligently until the next adventure comes up!

No comments: